Pop Pop Epistle #54 – About Galatians 2:20
I noticed this morning when I looked at my Fitbit that today is February 20. Or to say it another way – today is 2/20. When I saw the date it made me think of one of the most awesome verses in Scripture… Galatians 2:20.
There is a context to this verse in Galatians 2 that really makes it stand out as incredible but even as a stand alone verse it is stunning – as well as audacious. If I had one verse in Scripture that I wanted you to memorize and ponder and thoroughly grasp what it says this might very well be it.
Here are some questions that this verse provokes me to keep asking – questions that I hope you will take the time to ponder:
- Has my old sinful nature indeed been put to death (crucified)? If not, what is keeping that from happening?
- Is it evident that Christ is alive in me?
- In what ways does my life (and my lifestyle) demonstrate that I am living by faith?
- Do I daily treasure the fact that Christ loved me so much that He gave Himself for me? Do I thoroughly grasp the depths of the love of Christ for me?
- How do I display my gratitude to Him for rescuing me?
This is a verse that is worth coming back to again and again… and again. May the Lord use these 45 words to fuel you to live a Christ saturated life and to spur you on love Jesus more.
Never forget that you are very loved!