Happy Birthday Haddon,
You are 2 years old. It is 2 days after “Twosday”, a date that a lot of people thought was pretty cool – 2/22/22 – which happened also to fall on a Tuesday. And there is a lot of craziness going on in our world right now. It will be interesting to see how today’s headlines play out between now and birthday #3.
- Many people think we could be on the brink of World War 3 as Russia is on the verge of invading Ukraine.
- We are two years into the Covid-19 pandemic, still wearing face masks in public places, and wondering when it might end.
- Inflation is soaring. Gas is $3.49/gallon and the stock market is struggling.
- Major League Baseball is in a lockout – not sure if it will start on time or not.
I say all that to remind you of two things that I hope you never forget:
1) God is in control – Our God is a sovereign God and even when it seems like things are out of control, God is still very much in control. We can trust that when nothing much makes sense to us that everything makes sense to Him.
2) The joy of the Lord is your strength – Even when life is crazy, even when life is hard, even when we have every outward reason to despair, we can find strength to persevere and experience joy in the journey.
May the Lord often bring these two awesome truths to mind as you grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Never forget that you are very loved,