I have a strong conviction that the best way to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ – the best way to mature as a believer – is to get to know God better through the reading, studying, and meditating on His Word. I call this “pondering Scripture.”
I would like to invite you to ponder Scripture with me throughout 2011. Here’s the deal…
- Over the course of the year we will look at 40 of the great passages in the New Testament.
- Each week we will ponder a different passage together.
- Each week we will have a memory verse to work on together. Scripture memory is one of the best tools we have to combat sin and to grow in holiness. We need to get in the habit again of hiding God’s Word in our hearts so that we don’t sin against Him.
- Every 4 weeks we will take a break to review what we have been learning and rehearse our memory verses.
- Each week you will be encouraged to write down what you are learning as you ponder the passage on your own.
- Each Thursday I will post the thoughts that I have as I have pondered the passage.
- You will then be encouraged to add your thoughts to mine so that we can mutually learn from each other.
If you stick with me on this, at the end of one year you will have thoroughly immersed yourself in 40 of the greatest passages of Scripture in the Bible. You will have committed 40 verses to memory. And I dare say that you will have grown much closer to God and to those of us who pursue this challenge together.
In a few days I will post some hints on “How to Ponder a Passage” and reveal the first passage we will look at together. I hope you’ll join me for this great adventure.