* So I am going to take a step back from my originally stated plan at the beginning of the year which was to tackle one chapter each week from Paul’s epistles. I’m finding that there is just so much I’m missing by trying to work through them at that pace. So I’ll be slowing things down. This week I’m going to ponder the last few verses of Ephesians 3 and then we’ll go from there. I hope you hang with me as the pondering continues.
Verse 20: “Now to Him who is able to do imaginably more than all we ask or imagine…”
Question: What would “imaginably more” look like in your life – your job, your marriage, your church, your health, etc?
Here are a few things that I can imagine for our church. I’ll let the Lord take care of the “more” part:
- I can imagine our church being fueled each week by the Word of God and filled by the Spirit of God – then leaving here to pursue a lifestyle of worship evidenced by a life of obedience.
- I can imagine 100 new believer baptisms each year as a result of the seed planting, watering, and harvest work taking place as our people are intentionally bearing the gospel to a lost and hurting world.
- I can imagine our classrooms full to overflowing (and our people not complaining about it) because 1000 people are gathering each week in our Connect Groups as they experience the authenticity of true community.
- I can imagine our monthly “Call to Prayer” gatherings filled with so much Spirit-led energy that no one is looking at the clock wondering when it will be over.
- I can imagine a Lottie Moon offering of over $100,000 because our people have a God-drenched vision to take the gospel to the nations.
- I can imagine our church sending out 100 young men and women over the next 10 years to plant churches both domestically and internationally.
I can imagine a lot more.
What can you imagine?