Without a doubt we can say that your third year of life was a year full of change. Let’s do a quick review of some of the major changes you’ve experienced the last 12 months.
- In February you went from being the baby sister to being a big sister when your family welcomed Haddon into the world.
- In March the whole world changed when the coronavirus pandemic hit and it forced everybody to make significant changes in their lives.
- In November you found out that your family would be moving to Raleigh – new city, new home, new church, new job for your daddy.
Those three changes alone are enough to rock anybody’s world. Add to that the crazy-ness of being a two year old and all the changes you were experiencing just by being a healthy, growing little girl.
Some people handle change better than other people. Even as I wrote that I heard your great Aunt Jeanne say out loud, “Amen!” But one thing that you can count on is that you will go through hundreds of changes in your life. Some of them you will readily embrace and some you will fight to avoid. Some will come from out of nowhere and some you will have a lot of time to prepare for. Some will make you laugh and some will make you cry. Some you will initiate and some will be thrust upon you.
The best advice that I can give you as you grow up to prepare for the changes that will come your way is this: Draw near to God! Psalm 91 says it this way:
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 For he will deliver you…
He will deliver you no matter what changes might come your way…. Draw near to God!
As a bonus, here are 4 quotes that I came across about change that I like.
- “Worrying about something you can’t change will forever be the biggest waste of your time.”
- “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” ―Mother Teresa
- “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” —C.S. Lewis
- “You’re always one decision away from a totally different life.” —Mark Batterson
I hope you have an awesome day celebrating your birthday and that it is full of lots of fun surprises. Never ever forget that you are very loved!